Will we see your face at the upcoming Canadian Internet Marketing Conference (CIMC), hosted in Squamish on April 5-6? Better yet, can we take a photo of it?
In the midst of talking all things digital and making new connections at CIMC, we’re hedging a bet that more than a few marketers may become acutely aware of their outdated social profiles. We’ll be on site to soak in all the CIMC learning and insights, and we’ll be offering complimentary headshots to conference attendees who visit us on site! Visit the Smart, Savvy + Associates booth to say “hi” and to get a professional photo for your LinkedIn profile (or wherever else you want to use it).
What? You’re not registered for CIMC? Don’t miss out on 40 amazing speakers, including marketing leaders from Slack, Google Canada, Hootsuite, Native Ads, Buzzfeed, and so many more. BONUS: Use our special link and *automatically get $50 off the registration fee for this two-day marketing extravaganza!
* The discounted rate has already been applied to our special link. No need to enter any additional promo codes. Just click and register!
The photo you share on your LinkedIn profile should be the equivalent of a firm handshake and genuine smile when you meet face-to-face. Professional, approachable, confident. How do you strike the balance between your passport pic and a late-night selfie? Be camera-ready for CIMC with these tips:
- Professional attire – suitable of course, for your “meeting day” at the office, timeless rather than ultra-trendy. Don’t worry about the shoes – focus on the shoulders up.
- Show your face – don’t hide behind your hair or a hat. Your face is uniquely you, and it’s a helpful thing to be able to be spotted in the crowd (or coffee shop) based on your profile photo.
- Keep it simple – consider plain colours over busy prints, accessories that don’t dominate, and not trying a new ‘do just for the day. You want your face as the focal point whether you’re on a big screen or on an iWatch.
- Natural pose – look at the camera and smile. No tricky over-the-shoulder glances, and no duck lips. The beauty of the headshot is not worrying what to do with your hands, or if your shirt is tucked on. It’s just you and the camera (and the photographer who’s going to get you in just the right light!).
So now that you LOOK good…
With a spiffed-up photo gracing your online presence, Smart Savvy can complete the makeover with a LinkedIn profile optimization. As a specialized recruitment firm that helps companies connect with marketing, sales, and communications professionals, we care about your success. We see a lot (a LOT) of resumes and profiles, and we can help take average to #StandApart success.
LinkedIn profile updates aren’t just for job-seekers, but for all professionals who want to stand out in their professional images. Getting tapped for TedX, a great Board role, or a mentor opportunity might not happen if your profile hasn’t been updated in the last decade. Check out smartsavvy.me for our LinkedIn and resume packages and set your best face forward!
Smart, Savvy + Associates finds high-calibre marketing, communications, creative and sales professionals with proven track records and in-demand skills for companies who need them, across the Pacific Northwest and in Toronto. We also provide leadership and training development programs for workplace programs, corporate retreats and individual growth opportunities. Contact Founder and CEO, Peter Reek, to discuss your organization's training needs.